Another Christmas has come and gone. I can't believe how fast the holidays go. It feels like it is so much anticipation and excitement that is built up and then poof it's over. We had an amazing Christmas! It was bitter sweet knowing it will be our last Texas Christmas, but we spent it with family and friends and made wonderful memories.
Christmas Eve we spent with Mandy and her family and our friends the Griffins and the Windleys. We love sharing the evening with family and friends. We love sharing our traditions with them and remembering together the birth of our Savior. I am so grateful for the traditions that my mom passed on to of us for Christmas Eve. I love the smells and the sounds of the night the memories that I know we will all carry for many years to come. We missed our families that are far away, but we were all close together in our hearts!
Christmas morning was so much fun. Some how I was the 1st one awake. I think Jordan may have been awake as well, but he didn't let us know he was up until 8am. He came down and laid in bed with us until he and I couldn't take it anymore! Finally at 8:30am we went and woke up Zach and Elena. Hard to believe on Christmas morning they were Sleeping In!
I love seeing the joy of Christmas through the eyes of my kids. I love watching their faces as they come down the stairs and see the tree full of gifts, they were so excited to see that Santa had brought some amazing things! Motor Scooters for the big kids and a Jeep for Z-man! We spent the morning enjoying watching each other open gifts and be excited and grateful for everything we received. The kids did their own shopping this year with money they had earned themselves. That was really fun to see them really work hard to find the perfect gift for each other and for us. I think it helped them to know it is more about what you give then what you receive. They loved it when we opened a gift from them and that we truly loved what they had picked out for us!
This year was filled with Ipods, clothes, texas shirts for the boys, legos, race cars, american girl doll things, toy story, scooters, a jeep, Oh and a Red Rider BB gun (yep Jordan is old enough for that!) We are truly blessed. Merry Christmas!!!!












Hate to break this to you Xe, but it looks like your kids were absolutely miserable this year!! Oh well, better luck next year:):)
ReplyDeleteWe really missed all of you this year. So glad that you and Mandy were together to celebrate once again. I am glad you are all keeping our traditions going. Remember when I would be doing all that cooking and making salsa fresca and you would all complain about the smell? and I said: One day you will call each other and say, how do we make the stinky salsa so that it smells like home? Those scents still take me home to a childhood filled with love and laughter. I love you all so much!
ReplyDelete