I have to say that I really love to surprise people. I think it is one of the most fun things to do. A few months ago my parents called to tell us that they had gotten tickets to come for Thanksgiving. We were of course excited but Ali who lives in PHX and Chris who lives in Ft Collins would not be able to come as well. I could tell that my parents were sad that we could not all be together. One day out of the blue the thought came to me that I should call all my siblings and see if there was anyway we could get them all here. Everyone was completely on board. Ali and Chris quickly asked and got the time off from work and the 4 of us split the tickets. We were able to get Ali here 4 days before mom and dad and Chris just the night before. The suspense was killing us. My kids were beyond excited to have everyone here and they did such a great job keeping the secret. We made a huge Merry Christmas sign and had it ready at the airport while Ali and Chris were hiding. Mom and Dad came out to the baggage claim and saw us standing with the sign. (they thought the little kids were so cute to make a sign) and then Ali and Chris jumped out. I can't think of a time we have ever surprised them. They were BLOWN AWAY! Tears were flowing from all of us and the joyful weekend began. We have much to be thankful for this year, but the time we shared all together will always be remembered and cherished!
What a FANTASTIC Weekend!! Your parents bred some pretty darn good offspring!!
ReplyDeleteNow that school & family time is over, I'm ready for my friend back, thank you very much!
That's so awesome! Love the pics, too, btw - did Mandy do those? I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend together and congrats on your graduation! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are fantastic! I love those little apple turkeys! I'll have to rememeber that:) So happy for you that you had all your family together!
ReplyDeleteDad and I could not have been more surprised or more delighted to have our wonderful children together. What made it all the more special was that you all wanted to be together, didn't do it out of obligation or to be nice to the old folks but because it really meant something wonderful to all of you. As parents, that has the greatest meaning. To know that your children love each other and want to be together as adults is pretty awesome and sadly, a bit rare. You were all pretty sneaky and the little ones kept the secret well. Everytime we think about that week, we are filled with warm hearts and so much joy. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! Love you! Mom
ReplyDelete